The Randy Proven Zero Carbon Award eligibility has now been extended to all residents of Canada.
Applications are being accepted until March 31, 2023.
We are committed to expanding knowledge and skills of the Passive House Standard through all our educational offerings. We also know that some of our most motivated and engaged learners need financial support to benefit from taking our courses. Thanks to the generosity of the Randy Proven Zero Carbon Award, we are now able to support learners through this award.
Randy Proven leaves a legacy of enthusiasm for saving the planet from climate catastrophe.
His passion, coupled with his background as a carpenter, led him to research and experiment with different building practices over 40 years. The result of Randy’s ingenuity is a construction system that drastically reduces carbon emissions from buildings in two ways, one by designing highly energy efficient building envelopes using Passive House construction techniques, and two by incorporating building materials that have low embodied energy, and which sequester carbon during their useful lifetime.
Things that make you stand out:
- Has demonstrated financial need
- Has evidence of community involvement (two letters of recommendation by non-family members)
- If applicable, scholastic record showing academic standing of at least (75%) percent
- Has declared Indigenous heritage on application (Metis, First Nations, Inuit)
- Is looking to enroll or is currently enrolled in any course (with the exception of the introductory course) through Passive House Canada. View course calendar here.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Must be a permanent resident of Canada
- This Bursary may be awarded to the same applicant more than once but not in consecutive years
The next application deadline is March 31, 2023.
Enrollment in any online course including the Pathway to Certification online series and any of the Master Classes and self-paced courses being offered online (with the exception of the introductory course) through Passive House Canada are applicable. May use excess award funding for supplemental courses.
Two winners are chosen by an esteemed panel of Passive House industry professionals.