Become a Certified Passive House Professional
Passive House certification ensures that you or your organization are expertly qualified to design high performance, highly efficient buildings to meet Canada’s national green building strategy.
We are on an exciting path forward toward a better, more sustainable future. Timing could not be better to mitigate climate change as people, cities and governments are looking for more resilient, healthier, affordable, low energy buildings to live and work in.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free ebook!
What is the Pathway to Designer/Consultant Certification?
The Pathway to Certification is the perfect combination of three courses:
- Passive House Design and Construction (120A)
- Understanding and Working with PHPP (120B)
- Exam Preparation for Designer/Consultant Exam (120C)
Our Pathway to Certification has proven to be the most effective program to get participants ready to pass this challenging exam.
Our Pathway to Certification program will not only provide substantial savings, (special member pricing for this bundle is $2416, a savings of over $900) but it has also provided its participants with a passing rate of over 90%. This course series is taught by the best Passive House instructors in North America.
The 120 series is for building industry professionals and individuals who are going to be involved in the design and construction of Passive House buildings or EnerPHit (retrofit) projects, including: architects, engineers, design professionals, site supervisors, general contractors, building inspectors, city planners, investors and suppliers of high performance building materials.
Learning Objectives Include:
- The building science and energy use, overview of Passive House principles
- In-depth look at insulation and air tightness design and construction techniques
- Thermal bridging principles, elimination of thermal bridges through better design and construction
- The fundamentals of PHPP, treated floor areas and U-values for assemblies
- What are heat loss areas and thermal bridging calculations
- How to do ground calculations and energy implications
"120A at PHC involves world-class PH actors, now Canadian leaders in green building. Several case analysis on real-life projects (mega to single family house) bring the greatest value in the learning curve as a student."
Passive House Construction and Design (120A)
Understanding and Working with PHPP (120B)
Preparation for Designer/Consultant Exam (120C)