Two key submissions to the Federal government focus on clean Canadian manufacturers, support for high performance building training
With two separate submissions to the Federal government this week, Passive House Canada has made the case for better funding for high performance building training and for federal support of Canadian manufacturers of clean technologies.
Federal Government Pre-Budget Submission
Every year, the federal Standing Committee on Finance invites individuals and industry to submit comments on what they would like to see in the following year’s budget. Our submission for the 2023 budget calls for:
- Funding to integrate high-performance building training into education programs across Canada
- Funding to create a standardized training programfor building owners, operators and occupants on how to operate and live in high-performance buildings
- Support for municipalities to get high-performance building training and to develop their own green building strategies
- The overhaul of the national codes development process
- Funding support forinnovative manufacturers looking to produce and scale low-carbon, high-performance building components and prefabrication
Federal Government Clean Technologies Submission
The Federal Standing Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development conducted a study to better understand clean technologies being researched, manufactured and utilized in Canada to reduce emissions. PHC submitted a briefing inform them of the need for support for Canadian produced high-performance building components and prefabrication.