ONLINE: PHPP Expert – 7 Mar 2022
Day 1-2: Monday March 7 & Thursday March 10, 2022 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (PST) each day
Day 3-4: Monday March 21 & Thursday March 24, 2022 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (PDT) each day
The Passive House Institute (PHI) has extended the existing training and certification system for designers and tradespeople to acknowledge the further education of professional groups and the activities that are important for the construction of Passive Houses. In addition, more focus will be placed on “lifelong learning” and the gradual acquisition of Passive House knowledge.
With this advanced PHPP training program, you will be prepared to take the exam and receive the corresponding additional certificate (“PHPP Expert”). Deeper knowledge and competencies in the use of PHPP and the entry of complex data for non-residential and refurbishment projects into PHPP are crucial to ensure the high quality of Passive House projects and to avoid performance gaps.
- Enter complex residential and non-residential buildings, (step-by-step) retrofits and use the variant calculation to optimize a project’s energy efficiency.
- Achieve an understanding of how to use the SketchUP plug-in, designPH, to create 3D models of a building envelope, how to assign component properties, update a building model, and export data into PHPP totally or partially.
- Understand the calculation of thermal bridges, and how to set up a thermal bridge calculation in a 2-dimensional heat flow calculation software package – intro to Flixo.
- Achieve an understanding of how building properties generated in Building Information Modelling (BIM) software are exported to PHPP via bim2PH.
Prerequisites / required background knowledge
- Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant Accreditation
- PHPP knowledge
- Two monitors highly recommended
Learning resources provided
- Digital copy of course slides
Certified Passive House Designer / Consultants with PHPP experience.
The instructor for this course will be Chris Petit.
Chris Petit, CPHD, CPHT, PHI-accredited Certifier & Trainer
Chris provides technical assistance to members of Passive House Canada and municipalities across Canada with the PHC Technical Services team. As a member of several standards committees, Chris collaborates to improve energy efficiency standards and help make high performance building the norm. Chris is a Passive House consultant, tradesperson, trainer, and building certifier accredited by the Passive House Institute. He has provided design support and energy modeling services since 2008 with the Center for Sustainable Building Research, Clean Energy Coalition, Regenerative Design, and CertiPHIers Cooperative.
PHC Member – $1,215
Non- Member- $1,350
**Please note that this course is limited to 20 participants and will be live-only.*
Total number of learning hours: 15
AIBC Core Learning Units: 15 Core Learning Units (based on attendance of live course)
BC Housing (HPO): 15 informal CPD (based on attendance of live course)
PHI: 16 Credit Points (based on attendance of live course)
ALBNL: 15 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
AANB: 15 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
NSAA: 15 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)