ONLINE: Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Exam Preparation (150C) – 5 Feb 2024
Wednesday February 5, 2024 from 9am to 1pm PT
*Date is subject to change
The Passive House Trades exam is challenging, even for experienced building professionals. This exam preparation course is specifically designed for those who have completed courses 150A and 150B (or equivalent), and who wish to write the exam to become a Certified Passive House Trades Person. It gives participants the tools required to write a successful test.
Overviews of each topic that could potentially be tested in the exam will be presented and participants will be able to complete example test questions, and will learn to identify common mistakes and discuss exam time management.
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
*Please note: This course reviews the skills and knowledge required for the Certified Passive House Tradesperson – Building Envelope Specialization exam. We do not currently offer the curriculum necessary for the Certified Passive House Tradesperson – Building Services Specialization exam.
- Tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building.
- It may also be of interest to designers, architects, architectural technologists and developers. All theoretical components of this course are covered in 120A: Passive House Design & Construction.
*Participants should have prior knowledge/experience in the construction industry or related fields.
Prerequisites / required knowledge and equipment/software
- Completion of 150A / 150B or equivalent
- Calculator, notebook, pens and ruler
Learning resources provided
- Digital copy of course slides
- Access to webinar recordings for review
- To be confirmed
PHC Member – $400*
Non-Member – $440
*Member prices will be displayed for current members once added to the cart
If insufficient registrations are received by 14 days before this course is scheduled to start, it may be canceled. While we do our best to plan our course schedule well in advance, course dates, venues and instructors are subject to change.
At Passive House Canada we are committed to supporting our community in a number of ways. As a potential course participant, you might qualify for government funding that could be applied to any of our courses and certification exams. Please consult the links here to find out more about funding available in your province.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Total number of learning hours: 4
- BC Housing (HPO): 4 CPD Informal (based on attendance of live event)
- AIBC: 3.75 Core Learning Units (based on attendance of live course)
- ALBNL: 3.75 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
- AANB: 3.75 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
- NSAA: 3.75 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)