ONLINE: Built in Canada: Lessons Learned from an EnerPHit Project (NS) Part 2 – 14 July 2023
Friday July 14, 2023 from 10 am to 12 pm PDT
This webinar series will focus on Canadian Projects all across the Country.
Learn about Halifax’s first Passive House Retrofit, the conversion of an 1850s era home into the new studio space of the Habit Studio team. In Part 2 Lorrie will share a progress update focused on the construction phase of the project, including construction details and lessons learned.
Co-Founder, President, Lead Designer
Lorrie is the co-owner and co-founder of Habit Studio, an all-woman residential architecture firm in Halifax, NS. She is also co-founder of the Recover Initiative, a non-profit established to develop deep retrofit solutions that can be implemented at the scale needed to meet Canada’s climate targets. As a building science specialist, Lorrie is passionate about integrating Passive House standards and Biophilic design principles into her work for occupants’ comfort and health. She is a certified Passive House Designer and Tradesperson, and volunteers on the boards of Retrofit Canada and Passive Buildings Canada.
Participants will learn about the project’s successful approach to some of the following challenges:
- Understand the products, materials and detailing strategies used in the retrofit to achieve continuity of thermal an air barriersReview of window and door installation details.
- Understand the HVAC components and layout, plus the answer to the cliff-hanger question from Session 1: what HRV did Lorrie pick?
- Discuss challenges experienced: from supply chain delays and winter construction to Hurricane Fiona.
- Passive House Designers and Consultants
- Builders, architects, architectural technologist and engineers
- Building officials and planners
- Anyone interested in the subject
Prerequisites / required background knowledge
No prerequisites are necessary
PHC Member – Free
Non- Member – $100
*Please note that this is a live-only event and a recording will not be available.
Total number of learning hours: 1.75 hours (based on attendance of live webinar)
PHI: 2 Credit Points (V118_2023_CA)
BC Housing (HPO): 1.5 CPD Informal
AIBC: 1.75 Core LUs
ALBNL: 1.75 Core Learning Hours
AANB: 1.75 Core Learning Hours
NSAA: 1.75 Core Learning Hours
AAA: 1.75 Core Learning Hours self-reported