ONLINE: Built in Canada: Lessons Learned from an EnerPHit Project (NS) – 16 Sept 2022
Friday September 16, 2022 from 10 am to 12 pm PDT
This webinar series will focus on Canadian Projects all across the Country.
Our fourth stop of 2022 will be in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a three-part series on an exciting EnerPHit project on the Falkland Heritage House.
Learn about Halifax’s first Passive House Retrofit, the conversion of an 1850s era home into the new studio space of the Habit Studio team. Session 1 will include a comprehensive look at the Design and PHPP Modeling for the project.
Co-Founder, President, Lead Designer
Lorrie Rand is the co-founder of Habit Studio, the leading authority on sustainable home renovations in Nova Scotia, and co-Director of the ReCover Initiative, a not-for-profit plan to implement deep energy retrofits at scale across Nova Scotia and Canada. Lorrie is committed to promoting high performance building to clients and colleagues. She serves on the board of directors for Passive Buildings Canada and hosts the Passivists, a group of designers and builders working on Passive House projects in Nova Scotia. Lorrie has 20 years’ experience leading outstanding residential design projects and consulting on larger projects. Lorrie is a Certified Passive House Designer and has a Bachelor of Environmental Design Studies from the Dalhousie School of Architecture. She spends her off time in her garden and at the dog park.
Participants will learn about the project’s successful approach to some of the following challenges:
- Understanding how the design process for retrofits differs from new passive house design
- Understanding the two pathways to meeting Enerphit targets: the energy demand method and component method
- Comparing internal vs external insulation strategies
- Understanding the airtightness plan for the project
- Understanding the HVAC plan for the project
- Passive House Designers and Consultants
- Builders, architects, architectural technologist and engineers
- Building officials and planners
- Anyone interested in the subject
Prerequisites / required background knowledge
No prerequisites are necessary
PHC Member – Free
Non- Member – $100
*Please note that this is a live-only event and a recording will not be available.
Total number of learning hours: 1.75 hours (based on attendance of live webinar)
PHI: 2 Credit Points V195_2022_CA
BC Housing (HPO): 1.5 CPD Informal
AIBC: 1.75 Core LUs
ALBNL: 1.75 Core Learning Hours
AANB: 1.75 Core Learning Hours
NSAA: 1.75 Core Learning Hours