ONLINE: Understanding Building Codes (320) – 18 Mar 2021
Thursday March 18th, 2021 – 2pm to 4pm (PST)
This 2-hour, online course will compare and contrast the proposed National Energy Code with the BC Energy Step Code, Passive House, and others. With proposed changes coming nationally and provincially, it will be important for all industry professionals and builders to understand the key differences between the standards and the metrics that they reference. Each of the standards will drive us to design and build in different ways. Some of our traditional design and construction strategies may need updates or rethinking to ensure homes are passing the new code minimums. In particular, the expected outcomes of each standard must be understood to allow clients and government to make better choices.
- Basic understanding of how each standard is calculated.
- Understand the basic differences between Passive House, National Energy Code, BC Energy Step Code.
- Understand the basic differences in outcomes for each of the standards.
- Be able to articulate those differences to others.
Prerequisites / required background knowledge
There are no prerequisites
- Passive House Designers and Consultants
- Builders, architects, architectural technologist and engineers
- Building officials and planners
- Anyone interested in the subject
Learning resources provided
- Webinar recording for 20 days after the event has ended
The instructor for this course will be Mark Bernhardt
PHC Member – $198
Non- Member- $220
Total number of learning hours: 2
AIBC Core Learning Units: 2 Core LUs (based on attendance of live course)
BC Housing (HPO): 2 CPD Informal
PHI: 2 Credit points
ALBNL: 2 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
AANB: 2 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
NSAA: 2 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)