ONLINE: Pathway to Passive House Trades Certification (150P) Apr 2021
Pathway to Passive House Trades Certification in Partnership with Manitoba Building Trades Institute
*Exclusively for residents of Manitoba*
Please contact MBTI to receive a complimentary membership: Tanya – email@example.com
Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades – Theoretical (150A)
Day 1: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PDT)
Day 2: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PDT)
Day 3: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PDT)
Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades – Practical (150B)
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 – 9am to 12pm (PDT)
Exam Preparation (150C)
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PDT)
This three-part course teaches practical Passive House building techniques and theory about this high-performance building standard.
This course includes online lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
The instructor for this course are Marcel Studer.
- Tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building.
- It may also be of interest to designers, architects, architectural technologists and developers. All theoretical components of this course are covered in 120A: Passive House Design & Construction.
Participants should have prior knowledge/experience in the construction industry or related fields.
PHC Member- $1575
Non- Member – $2310
If insufficient registrations are received by 14 days before this course is scheduled to start, it may be canceled. While we do our best to plan our course schedule well in advance, course dates, venues and instructors are subject to change.