ONLINE: Pathway to Passive House Trades Certification (150P) February 2021
Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades – Theoretical (150A)
Day 1: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
Day 2: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
Day 3: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades – Practical (150B)
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
Exam Preparation (150C)
Tuesday, March 2, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
This three-part course teaches practical Passive House building techniques and theory about this high-performance building standard.
This course includes online lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
The instructors for this course are Marcel Studer and Sandra Rohler.
- Tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building.
- It may also be of interest to designers, architects, architectural technologists and developers. All theoretical components of this course are covered in 120A: Passive House Design & Construction.
Participants should have prior knowledge/experience in the construction industry or related fields.
- Total number of learning hours: 16
- BC Housing (HPO): 16
- AIBC: 15 Core LUs (based on attendance of live course)
- ALBNL: 15 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
- AANB: 15 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
- NSAA: 15 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
PHC Member- $1575
Non- Member – $2310
If insufficient registrations are received by 14 days before this course is scheduled to start, it may be canceled. While we do our best to plan our course schedule well in advance, course dates, venues and instructors are subject to change.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Important: please read our refund policy, available in our Course and Exam FAQs page.
If you are interested in taking one of our courses, but need some payment flexibility, we can help. You can now pay 50% of the course fee when you register and the balance within 30 days. Email us to inquire at [email protected]