ONLINE: Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical (150A) – 3 Feb 2021
150: Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades
Day 1: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
Day 2: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
Day 3: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 – 9am to 1pm (PST)
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
- Tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building.
- It may also be of interest to designers, architects, architectural technologists and developers. All theoretical components of this course are covered in 120A: Passive House Design & Construction.
Participants should have prior knowledge/experience in the construction industry or related fields.
Total number of learning hours: 12
- BC Housing (HPO): 12 Informal CPD Points
- AIBC: 11.25 Core LUs (based on attendance of live course)
- ALBNL: 11.25 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
- AANB: 11.25 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
- NSAA: 11.25 Core Learning Hours (based on attendance of live course)
If insufficient registrations are received by 14 days before this course is scheduled to start, it may be canceled. While we do our best to plan our course schedule well in advance, course dates, venues and instructors are subject to change.