Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Dates: Thursday March 17, Friday March 18 & Saturday March 19, 2022
Time: 9am to 4pm each day
Location: Habit Studio, 6437 Cork St Unit 4 Halifax, NS B3L 1Z5
The instructor for this course is Lorrie Rand.