Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Day 1: Tuesday Dec 5, 2023 from 8:30am to 4:30pm MT (in-person)
Day 2: Wednesday Dec 6, 2023 from 8:30am to 4:30pm MT (in-person)
Day 3: Thursday Dec 7, 2023 from 8:30am to 4:30pm MT (in-person)
Location: Asset Builders / Unit 106, 251 Spruce Street in Red Deer County
The instructor for this course is Frank Crawford.
Please click on Course Content below to access the course materials.