Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Day 1: Monday April 3, 2023
Day 2: Tuesday April 4, 2023
Day 3: Wednesday April 5, 2023
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm MST each day
Location: Asset Builders / Unit 106, 251 Spruce Street in Red Deer County
The instructor for this course is Frank Crawford.
Please click on Course Content below to access the course materials.