Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Dates: Wednesday May 4, Thursday May 5 & Friday May 6, 2022
Time: 9am to 4pm (EST) each day
Location: George Brown College. Details TBC
The instructor for this course is Conner Malloy.