Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Day 1: Tuesday February 21, 2023 (in person)
Day 2: Wednesday February 22, 2023 (in person)
Day 3: Thursday February 23, 2023 (in person)
Time: 9am to 4pm AST each day
Location: to be confirmed
The instructor for this course is Lorrie Rand.
Please click on Course Content below to access the course materials.