Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Dates: Thursday October 20, Friday October 21 & Saturday October 22, 2022
Time: 9am to 4pm each day
Location: SIGA Vancouver. 85 Glacier St Unit 5, Coquitlam, BC V3K 5Z1
The instructor for this course is Marcel Studer.