Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Dates: Tuesday December 6, Wednesday December 7 & Thursday December 8, 2022
Time: 9am to 4pm MDT each day
Location: NAIT Main Campus. 11762 – 106 Street. Edmonton, Alberta T5G 2R1. Industrial Technical Building (V)
The instructor for this course is Marcel Studer.