This course is currently closed
Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Day 1: Tuesday November 28, 2023 (in person)
Day 2: Wednesday November 29, 2023 (in person)
Day 3: Thursday November 30, 2023 (in person)
Time: 9am to 4pm MDT each day
Location: SAIT 1301 16 Ave NW Calgary, Alberta, T2M 0L4– Classroom TU103
The instructor for this course will be confirmed shortly.
Please click on Course Content below to access the course materials.