Welcome to Passive House Construction Training Course for Trades Theoretical & Practical
This course includes lectures and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House elements relevant to the Canadian construction industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Building ecology, comfort and economic efficiency
- Introduction to Passive House design tools (e.g. PHPP)
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation
- Thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and airtightness
- Ventilation and heat supply
- Building envelope specialization
Day 1: Friday February 24, 2023
Day 2: Saturday February 25, 2023
Day 3: Sunday February 26, 2023
Time: 9am to 4pm MT each day
Location: NAIT Main Campus. 11762 – 106 Street. Edmonton, Alberta T5G 2R1. Industrial Technical Building (V)
The instructor for this course is Kevin Brown.
Please click on Course Content below to access the course materials.