Join the community of professionals that are transforming Canada’s built environment.
As a Passive House community we have a greater impact and speak with a more powerful voice when we work together. Passive House Canada members are policy makers, architects, designers, engineers, project managers, contractors, builders, owners, developers, educators, operators, manufacturers, suppliers, and stakeholders who play a vital role in the shift towards healthy and resilient buildings.
We are dedicated to supporting and championing over 1,000 members.
As a national Association, we help you achieve your Passive House goals by advocating for and supporting the development of effective regulations and policies and keep you up to date on what matters to you, including developments in the sector. We also provide Passive House resources, training, professional development, and networking events across the country including the annual Passive House Canada national conference.
Join our community of leaders to get involved, network with the Passive House Canada communities, promote and showcase your work, and continue to grow as an industry professional.
Membership With Passive House Canada
Your membership makes transformative change possible! Your support ensures there is a national voice for promoting the Passive House standard across the country. When you purchase a Passive House Canada membership, you'll also be given the opportunity to add on a discounted membership with iPHA.
- Speakers Webinar Series – 3 Videos ($120) Included
- Discounts on certification courses, events and PHPP and design PH software
- Passive House Canada courses are certified by Passiv Haus and are recognized by various Canadian associations so architects and engineers can earn credits for professional development.
- Feature your profile and your company profile on our Member Directory. People and businesses are coming to the PHC website looking for information every day and we give your business another opportunity to be found.
- Certified PHC Training that provides Professional Development hours for architects, engineers, and designers
- Technical resources, presentations from events and conferences, downloadable Passive House marketing materials to share with clients and information on local building policies, plus the tools you need for Passive House certification.
- Promote your job and RFP opportunities on our Jobs Board. Your job postings will be featured on our social media platforms and in our newsletter.
- Passive House Canada Member logo and marketing materials for project sites and company-wide communications.
- Advancing High Performance Standards Video presented by Lisa King, City of Toronto Planner ($95)
- Advocacy: Membership helps PHC to advocate for our members to:
- All levels of government to promote passive house building standards and legislation to incentivize home owners and business to use passive house standards in their new home, building or renovation.
- Component Manufacturers: Canada needs more companies to make passive house windows, sealants, curtains and other components that are used in building a passive house buildings so the cost can be reduced and we can create more jobs in Canada.
- Trades: There is a shortage of trade’s people in Canada that have been trained and certified to install windows etc. to passive house standards PHC will work with Community Colleges and other partners to ensure that students and trades people are aware of the opportunity that exits by becoming trained as a passive house trades person.
- Educate Homeowners and Builders about the benefits of passive house homes and the massive benefit to the environment that passive building provide. Building to passive house standards will go a long way to meeting Canada’s emission targets as set out in the Paris Climate Accord.